Teach a Child to Save 2017
The 2017 Teach A Child To Save campaign ran from April 24th to July 31st. Any youth (17 years and younger) who set a savings goal by registering as an Okaloosa Saver, and made a deposit into their account, was eligible to win one of six $50 prizes. The children could receive one entry per day, each time they made a deposit to their account.
Six children were randomly drawn from all entries, and each won a $50 cash award to add to their savings accounts. Funds for the prizes were provided by David Money of First Bank.
We are proud of our 2017 Teach A Child To Save Winners!
- Kaylah Stocker of Shalimar
- Kyra Simon of Mary Esther
- Kassandra Johnson of Fort Walton Beach
- Christian Norris of Mary Esther
- Gianna Bowers of Crestview
- Landon Hill of Mary Esther
2017 Participating Banks & Credit Unions
- Bancorp South, Miramar Beach
- Beach Community Bank
- Eglin Federal Credit Union
- First City Bank
Since Okaloosa Saves introduced Teach a Child to Save in 2004, a total of 3,146 children have saved $311,125.51.
Tips for Parents:
- Spread the message of the importance of money and budgeting.
- Make saving second nature.
- Get them to a participating financial institution; open a savings account or deposit into an existing account.
- Teach like a mom, think like a kid.
- Curb their appetite for spending.
- Teach the basics of investing.
- Encourage them to be entrepreneurs.
- Be a role model.