Teach a Child to Save 2017
The 2017 Teach A Child To Save campaign runs from April 24th to July 31st. Any youth (17 years and younger) who sets a savings goal is eligible to win $50. Enter the drawing by making a deposit into your account & registering as an Okaloosa Saver (one entry per day).
Six children will be randomly drawn from all entries, and each will win a $50 cash award to add to their savings accounts. Funds for the prizes have been provided by David Money of First Bank.
2017 Participating Banks & Credit Unions
- Bancorp South, Miramar Beach
- Beach Community Bank
- Eglin Federal Credit Union
- First City Bank
Since Okaloosa Saves introduced Teach a Child to Save in 2004, a total of 2,969 children have saved over $300,000.
Tips for Parents:
- Spread the message of the importance of money and budgeting.
- Make saving second nature.
- Get them to a participating financial institution; open a savings account or deposit into an existing account.
- Teach like a mom, think like a kid.
- Curb their appetite for spending.
- Teach the basics of investing.
- Encourage them to be entrepreneurs.
- Be a role model.