Teach a Child to Save 2018
The 2018 Teach A Child To Save campaign will run from April 23th to June 29th. Any youth (18 years and younger) who set a savings goal by registering as an Okaloosa Saver, and makes a deposit into their account, is eligible to win one of six $50 prizes. The children receive one entry per day, each time they made a deposit to their account.
Six children will be randomly drawn from all entries, and awarded a $50 cash to add to their savings accounts.
2018 Participating Banks & Credit Unions
- Bancorp South, Miramar Beach
- Beach Community Bank
- Eglin Federal Credit Union
Since Okaloosa Saves introduced Teach a Child to Save in 2004, a total of 3,146 children have saved $311,125.51.
Tips for Parents:
- Spread the message of the importance of money and budgeting.
- Make saving second nature.
- Get them to a participating financial institution; open a savings account or deposit into an existing account.
- Teach like a mom, think like a kid.
- Curb their appetite for spending.
- Teach the basics of investing.
- Encourage them to be entrepreneurs.
- Be a role model.